Sunday, April 23, 2017

Week 83 - Church History/Miracles


For some reason this week I don't know what to talk about. The only thing that I can think of was our mission conference with the church historian, Elder Snow and another guy, I forgot his name. But we were able to hear from them and their spouses and got to learn a lot. What I liked most about the meeting was the question and answer section where we got to ask questions about the history of the church. That was really great because there are all these little facts about the Prophet Joseph Smith’s life that not a lot of people know about. It was good to hear from some of our leaders about the stories and  the cool miracles that took place in our history as a church.

Other than that not a whole lot happened, but we did see some success one of our investigators, Werner and his son Bruno. They are the best, they love coming to church! We went to their house to invite them to come to church, and when we got there they were already ready to go and were going to catch a bus to get there. But we said we would get them a ride. They are an excellent example of being proactive, and I am not talking about the face wash.

They have made me look back to before my mission, how some days I didn't want to go to church. I felt that it was a burden. These guys are an excellent example of how we should act about church. They love coming and being in the environment. They notice everything, and they are very sensitive to the spirit and don't know how to describe it. But that then gives us missionaries the opportunity to testify and to teach a gospel principle.

Those were the two biggest things that have happened this week, and that might be the reason why I can’t think of what else to write. I love you all and hope that you have had as good of a week as I had, and an even better week coming!

Love, Elder Newman

Elder Olsen and I at the mission conference.

 I thought that you would enjoy a picture of our toilet.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment