Sunday, April 9, 2017

Week 81 - General Conference

Saturday morning started off pretty good with the story of the fire fighters and their respect for our meeting houses and our religion. It’s a good example for how we should respect others, everyone around us, whether of our faith or not. He also talked about how the atonement fixes everything, and that is something that we are sharing with everyone at the moment with the new Easter video that is out on Mormon.org. It talks about the Prince of Peace and the enabling power of the atonement of Jesus Christ is what gives him the ability to help us overcome sin and death, to give peace to all that will repent and believe on his name and follow him and that is when we receive peace. Russell M. Nelson talked about how we can draw in the power of Jesus Christ, and I was really inspired from that talk. 

The Saturday afternoon session was special because I saw heaps of people from home singing in the choir. Great job everyone! I also liked how Jeffrey R. Holland talked about singing next to a perfect singer (Jesus Christ), and as we try to match his pitch we become better. I also have a question for you all: Are we freezing for hours to save five minutes of work? -Gary B Sabin. I was also really inspired by Valeri V. Cordon's talk on preserving our languages.

Then on the Sunday morning session, Joy D. Jones, I had a lot of notes on her. She had a lot of good quotes, but I liked how she talked about creating a sin-resistant generation. There were a lot of talks that talked about the rising generation and how we need to prepare them. This was not all that I have learned. I definitely want to watch it all again and try to get more notes. But I took to heart that we have all been warned by the watchmen, and it’s now our responsibility to act. We are warned all the time by the Spirit and by representatives. We just need to do our part now and apply what we have learned into our lives. I know that as we do so we will be on our way to becoming like the Savior, and we will be gaining more peace in our lives. And that's my short testimony in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

My week was great. I’m still trying to get to know the area and the people in it, but I will get there soon.


I love you all and have a great week!

Love,
Elder Newman

Bowling on pday...

District photo...

I need a haircut...

No comments:

Post a Comment