Monday, April 17, 2017

Week 82

This week was a great week, it being the week of Easter. Every Christian was open for a talk about Easter and the significance of it. I believe that people are good at heart and they want to help other people, but because pride gets in the way they turn away to act cool. This week I saw both sides: one where someone didn't give into peer pressure and the other where they did give into it.

The first one was, we were at the train station handing out the Easter pass-along cards and talking to people, and I walked up to this group and was talking to them and they were kinda shut off to me. But I kept talking, explaining Easter and what I do as a missionary, and I asked everyone if they wanted to learn more. All of them said no except one. She accepted a pass-along card, but I couldn't get her number, but she accepted the card.

Another one was, we were visiting some potentials in the ghetto, and this gang of 13 or 14 year olds blocked the road off and were trying to get into the car when we tried to get around it, haha. They weren't very big, but there was a lot of them. This isn't the first time that missionaries have had trouble with them, but it’s all peer pressure, trying to be cool living in the hood. But yeah, that was a fun experience.


Also this week we had Zone Conference which was a lot of fun. We got to see President and Sister Back, and they gave really excellent trainings, one being consecrated missionaries. I believe that we have heaps more of those today than we had a year ago. There is a lot more power in a consecrated missionary in the way that he talks and the way that he acts and the way that he teaches and testifies. There is greater power in two consecrated missionaries than there is in 100 average missionaries. Why would you want to be average in anything that you do? We are trying to save souls here.

That was my week. It was a good one! Talk to yous next week!

Love,
Elder Newman

I got to meet up with the Shoobridge family for a short time, and it made my whole day!
 
 
Our ward had a picnic and an Easter egg hunt for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment