Sunday, July 3, 2016

Week 41

Not a whole lot here on this end, it’s pretty much the same as last week. Today we are going to head to Canberra so that we can go to Sydney for another mission conference. Elder John is getting transferred, so he will pack all of his stuff today so that we don't make two trips to Sydney and waste our K's, so that we stay under our limit. So it’s just going to be me and Elder Plata in Merimbula. I have enjoyed serving with Elder John. He is a great missionary. I hope he does well in his other areas.

This week was a lot of service. We helped people move house again, and we have another family moving house this week.

One thing that happened this week was we met Joven's Grandma, and she is a nice lady so we might be able to start teaching her as well as Joven. We are trying our hardest to be able to work with Joven. Our whole goal is to act and not be acted upon, but sometimes you just got to wait till people are comfortable with being taught.

This gospel does bring joy to the lives of the people who follow Christ. It gives them hope. It gives them a sense of belonging. Most importantly it gives them a knowledge that they aren't alone. They have a Father in Heaven that loves them and knows them personally, and he wants to help us, we just have to let him. When we understand that we have a Heavenly Father, we understand that we have divine Eternal Potential, and that's something that we can strive for as a goal. That knowledge gives us the path that we should follow, and as we strive to make that goal a reality, I have no doubt that our father in heaven will help us accomplish that goal. He wants what’s best for us.

I hope you all know that you have a Heavenly Father, and I hope you understand how much he loves you. I hope that all made sense. It did to me. I love you all. Have a great week.

Love, Elder Newman

This bird belongs to a member. It's pretty mean. It tries to bite. I was hoping it didn't land on my shoulder.

Norma, one of the members, has a house out in the bush. So when we got to her house she told us to walk down to the creek. It was a little creepy in some spots. I was watching out for crocs.

No comments:

Post a Comment