Sunday, November 6, 2016

Week 59

This week was great! Even though I got sick on Wednesday, but I recovered and we were able to get some teaching done as well as some service. We also got to play a little game of softball, which the Parker Family had, that the Shoobridges invited us to. It was a lot of fun.

We were able to catch up with Wendy this week. She had been sick as well, but she was able to come to church and we had a fantastic lesson with her. She is never scared to ask us questions which makes it a lot easier on us missionaries because then it is more of a discussion rather than us just throwing information at her, so that was great. Thanks to all that have been praying for her!

We were also contracted to do a little bit of cementing at Debbie P’s house on Saturday morning, which was great. We were able to finish that then quickly head over to the Shoobridges and finish the skirting along the floor and move the gym equipment into their gym room, which looks amazing!

Transfers are also this week. I have been here for 6 months, and that is usually how long President keeps people here in these far out areas, but I still don’t know if he will transfer me. I think he will keep me here for another one, but I don’t know.

I also want to tell you about a funny experience that me and Elder Stott had this week on Monday afternoon. We spend Monday afternoon doing activities with the Shoobridges, and this Monday we got dressed up. Me and Elder Stott went as missionaries as well as little Shoobridge. Also, Naomi wanted to paint Daniel’s face so he was Frankenstein. He looked good! So we got to the Halloween, to the trunk or treat, and I guess me and Elder Stott won the scariest costume contest, haha, because a lady came up to us (not knowing that we were actual missionaries), and said, “You two are hands down, by far, the creepiest ones here,” and we all started laughing. She found out later that night that we were "Actual Mormons” so she came up and apologized to us. She felt really bad about what she said, but to be honest I loved it. It made the night.

That’s all for this week. I love you all, have a great week!
Love, Elder Newman





No comments:

Post a Comment