Sunday, October 23, 2016

Week 57

This week is kinda hard to look back on and remember what we did, but I had a great time. Monday was good. It was another p-day. Tuesday we helped Michel and Brea move house which wasn't that hard because we didn't move any of the big stuff. Wednesday we helped out the Shoobridges put up some sheet rock in the gym room.

Thursday we were all over the place. We went to Pambula and helped out John and Dawn spread some wood chips. Then we went over to Mandeni to help out there, but they didn't have anything for us to do so we came back and changed and started to tract the street that we live on, and we got a couple potentials that lived right next door.

Friday we had DTM which we listened in on over the phone. Then we went up to the Shoobridges and finished the sheet rock, and then we went for a mountain bike ride in Tathra with Naomi which was way fun. I really enjoyed it. I really want to do that track again. While we were mountain bike riding we stopped for a little bit to catch our breath, and we looked out over the ocean and there were whales jumping and breaching the water which was way cool to see. Even though we were 5k's [approx 3 miles] away we could still hear them slap the water.

Saturday was a big day. We ran in the morning, and I got a 23 minute 5k run again. And then we got the chapel ready for the “Meet the Mormons” activity that we had planned, which turn out really great. We got a couple less actives there and had a really good time with all the members.

Sunday was Hailey's baptism which was at Bournda Lagoon. It was a cool experience to see someone get baptized in a river. I also gave a talk on Sunday as well. It was on Repentance and the Atonement. I think I did an alright job. I spoke for 20 minutes, which is probably one of the longest times I have ever spoken before. And for those of you that know me, I am not one for a lot of words.

That was my week. I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love, Elder Newman!


Pambula Beach, John and Dawn’s house is in this picture they have beach front property.

My hat and my name badge, I left it on the floor when we were putting up sheet rock. We had to do a couple alterations to the sheet rock, and some of the plaster got on my hat.

“Meet the Mormons” activity that we did.

 Elder Newman and Elder Stott at Hailey's baptism.

My favorite biscuits (cookies) on the mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment