Sunday, October 2, 2016

Week 54

Transfers were this week and I am staying in the area for another six weeks. I will be able to be here when Daniel gets baptized, which is something I am looking forward to. Also, Wendy came back from her trip to England. She got back Saturday, but she might have caught something on the flight back because she wasn't feeling too well so we missed her at church. But we are going to try to see her this week, which will be good to catch up with her and to see how she is going.

We have been pretty full on this past week with service. Monday was pretty normal except we didn't get around to going on a hike. Tuesday we helped move out a restaurant that one of the members owns. Wednesday we had a senior couple come down from Canberra and spend all day with us. They just wanted to visit and check out our flat. Then we started to teach Daniel from the Gospel Principles book which has been great. He probably knows more about the gospel than I do at this point, haha. It has been great being able to teach him.

Thursday we did some landscaping and visited the Shellshears again and had a really good time visiting their family. Friday morning we wheel-burrowed cement, had DTM, and helped a member’s friend move house.

Saturday we did the 5k run, and I did that in 23 minutes again. Elder Stott smashed his goal and got 29:06, his Personal Best up to this point was 30:05. His next goal is to beat 26:00. He is doing great! I am so glad that I get to spend another transfer with him as my companion. Then we had MCM and then helped clean windows with S. Parker.

Sunday was pretty normal. Next week we will be able to watch General Conference, which is something I have been looking forward to for a while. General Conference is so much different as a missionary. I am excited to hear what our Prophets and Apostles have to say.

I love you all and hope you have a great week.
Elder Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment