Sunday, September 18, 2016

Week 52

This week was pretty busy with appointments. The biggest thing that stood out to me this week was our investigator, Daniel, is wanting to serve a mission, and he is asking all kinds of questions about it and the process. We finished the lessons with him Sunday and are going to review the interview questions with him today. It’s been a lot of fun to watch him learn and grow this transfer, and I hope that after he is baptized that he continues to progress. He has a great friend in the Gospel (Josh S.) that will help guide him on his way and answer any questions he has. It has been a real blessing having Josh teach alongside us because Daniel knows and trusts him, and Josh can explain principles in a way that is heaps easier for him to understand. I can’t wait to see what the Lord has in store for Daniel. Thank you to everyone that has been praying for him. Hopefully now we can get a baptismal suit big enough to fit him because he is super tall!

We are almost finished with the outside of the workout room. I predict we will be done with that in about two weeks.

The weird thing was this week we didn't have to go to Canberra which was nice. We were able to focus on our area.

Update on the status in the Branch:
N. Wright, President Wright’s son was baptized on Sunday and became the newest member of our branch. The water looked freezing cold. President Wright got in and acted like dad does when we go boating at the beginning of the year. It was also raining, but it was a quick service and I am sure that Noah will never forget it. Something I remember about my own baptism was how warm the water was. I guess he will never forget how cold it was, haha. But overall it was a very spiritual Sunday, and I am glad that we could end it with Noah’s Baptism.

That was the highlight of my week. I really enjoyed it, and I am looking forward to this week. I will update you next Monday.

I love you all, have a great week!
Elder Newman





This is a wallaby...


 Ben Boyd tower- in Edrom - near Eden. It was built to be a lighthouse but was never approved - they turned it into a whale spotting tower for the whalers. It is solid sandstone imported from Sydney - you can see it from most of the coast.



No comments:

Post a Comment