Sunday, June 5, 2016

Week 37

How was your week? Mine was great. True it has been raining all week, but that's all good. It hasn't been too bad. A lot of roads are flooded, and I am the only one that can drive here so I am stuck in the driver’s seat. But we are blessed, we have the hand of the Lord watching over us.

This week I found out how important it is to work with members as missionaries. We have been trying to find all week, but no success.. same with my last area. And then this Sunday we get there, and one of the kids in the Walker family brought one of his friends to church. His name is Jovan, and I guess that was his second time to church. He bore his testimony in fast and testimony meeting, and he has been reading the Book of Mormon and he loves it. He talks about it at school. He wants to be baptized, but we have to get permission from his parents in order for us to teach him. So please pray for him and his parents that we can begin teaching him so that this kid can accomplish his goal of being baptized.

It just goes to show how important it is to be member missionaries and how much easier it is to introduce the gospel to your friends than it is for the missionaries to do so.

My invitation to you all is to invite someone to church this week, and then pray for that person to feel the Holy Ghost and to see the light of Christ that is in us all.

That boy was a miracle this week. He is just what this companionship needed to keep us going. This is a tough area, but it’s good to see that you can find potential in this area. The branch is great! They are few in number, but they are strong in the faith. It is really inspiring to see.

That was my week. I hope you all have a great one. I can’t wait to hear from you all next week!

Elder Newman

Me and Elder John from Guyana, north of Brazil (not West Indies like I said last week ;)

Elder Plata from the Phillippines





No comments:

Post a Comment