Sunday, April 10, 2016

Week 29

Well this week was a blast! We had heaps of teaching appointments and a ton of people feeding us, so I can’t complain. I'm gaining a little weight which is a good thing.

Sam is doing great. He came to conference and then we taught him after. He was impressed. He said that he learned a lot and he got answers to questions he didn’t even know he had. He loved the talk about fathers and families. He is ready to be baptized! Like I said last week, he has changed so much.

We just planned his baptism out yesterday. I think it is going to be great. The ward and his wife are really showing him support, which is great. He has two excellent men that are helping him make that step towards Christ and I can’t wait until this Saturday when he is the man!

We were able to watch conference this weekend, and it was great. I really loved the priesthood session. I got heaps out of that, and my questions were answered. I can’t wait until I get to read their talks and study them.

We had a busy week, a lot of preparation for Sam and getting things set up. Also this week we had a goal to beat the sister missionaries in total lessons for the week. We pushed really hard and were able to get 27 lessons done this week. It was tough, but we were able to do it.

This week has been the best week for me so far. I have felt like a successful missionary fulfilling our purpose, which is inviting others to come unto Christ. I hope you all have a great week. I sure am going to have one.

Love, Elder Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment